Choosing a Long Term care Insurance policy can be complicated and should be done with the help of an industry professional. There are many factors that determine coverage and cost, clients should realize that it’s imperative to choose a good insurance company and a good agent. As yet, there are only a handful of insurance companies and agents that have wide experience in this field. The main factors in choosing an insurance company and an agent are:
- Is the insurance company highly rated and stable, so that it will be around many years from now to pay a claim?
- Does the insurance company have a good track record of paying claims?
- Does the insurance company have competitive rates, give good value, and have a strong presence in the long term care insurance industry?
- Is the agent trustworthy and a specialist in long-term care insurance?
- Is the agent part of a larger organization that is available to assist you in time of need?
- Can the agent offer many plans from top companies and not merely represent one company?