Are you someone who thinks there’s absolutely nothing wrong with having your cake and eating it to? We agree! And, certainly, the best way to describe annuities with long term care riders is to use this cake analogy.
Why Long Term Care Annuities Were Invented
What frustrates many folks (about paying long term care insurance premiums) is that they have to pay money for something they hope they never have to use – ‘tis the way with all insurance. However, we are happy to announce that there’s good news.
Instead of losing your hard earned dollars, you can purchase an annuity with long term care benefits.
Make sense? Read on to find out how these annuities with LTC riders work.
How Annuities with Long Term Care Riders Work
If a long term care annuity is a good fit for you, you’d put a lump sum of money (e.g. $50,000 or $100,000) into an annuity. You then receive an income stream from that annuity – part of that income goes into a long term care “pot” and part of that income can be used however you’d like.
- You can choose between immediate annuities and deferred annuities.
- Your LTC benefits depend upon how much you put into the annuity. The benefits may be enough to pay for some or all of your care, depending on the income stream you chose to purchase.
- If you die without having used that long term care pot, the money goes to your loved ones.
Here’s Your Next Step
Because it’s important to analyze whether long term care annuities are right for you – or not, we invite you to call our offices.
- At no charge and with no obligation, we’ll work through your paying for long term care options.
- If long term care annuity products are right for you, we’ll help you select the best fit. If not, we’ll point you in the right direction.
To find out whether long term care annuities are a good fit for you, we invite you to contact us and let us help with your plans to protect yourself, your assets and family. We welcome your call now.